Monday 21 January 2008

Notebook 038

A Night With Only Myself To Talk To
Journal Entry: Fri Apr 15, 2005, 11:55 PM


My teeth are chattering, but only I can hear.
No matter how hard they crumble.
My lips sync the words but my life wont project it.
My heart has become a circle; argent and pale.
My skin is just a layer.
My nails are pulled back to their root and the tender is sanded.
My legs are crossed, and my elbows ache.
My head pounds to the beat of time, eroding this cliff face with all its storm.
This space inside my skull is my only possesion, and it feels too consuming.
I get the same as everyone else; i get a lifetime, but you only told me this now. Im awake.
Eyes firmly shut.
Light upon my face.
Somehow, somehow, I shut out the scars and hide away the voices.

Till morn' breaks.

No comments: