Monday 21 January 2008

Notebook 016

Long Awaited; Rainy Day
Journal Entry: Fri Jul 7, 2006, 12:11 AM

I just went to sit outside, with a plate full of food to match a rumbling stomach. Flowers were in vast full-bloom display because they too were waiting with dry cracked hands for the the rain. After three days of solid heat, wave upon wave of starving air, raped of all it's moisture, everyone was becoming a little excited at the prospect of a storm.

And so the clouds grumbled their thunder as a last exhale before spewing their stored containment over every eager eyed creature beneath. I sat and watched as everything became a darker shade, as if painted again by a rapid sucession of pinheads, covered in a translucent layer of grey at the tip. I hoped for something quite epic and moving, like an old man who has read the script of life and is waiting for it's cabarét performance.

All I realised is that I really really needed a piss.
Don't think I ever was one for rain.

No comments: