Monday 21 January 2008

Notebook 007

In this particular moment I feel it necessary to express that the modern media is shit. full-stop.

The stations on the television and radio i professed so much of my youth to now seem like they've bottled up my wide eyed curiosity and kept it for themselves to constantly regurgitate upon the new pre-wave of wide eyes and draw them in to suck out any passion or self-autonomy they may have and exploit exploit and sell.

I feel like tha radio is hansel and the television is gretel. They knocked on the door, tied the old lady up and boiled her in the pot then told their own version later on so they'd look oh so innocent. I don't feel anger or sadness i just feel cheated that i once thought they were truely promoters of talent.

In fact, I don't even think talent exists anymore.
It's just an excluded life in one degree, clever promotion and fancy camera angles.

Look at anything seemingly natural and naked in the media and just ask yourself if that couldn't have been pre-planned and dolled up?

I think you'll agree it most probably was.

No comments: